The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Lead Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, Manassas, VA
Our client is seeking a Lead Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Manassas, VA.
Note: Any non-US citizen to work on the contract must be able to prove US residency for a period of three (3) years prior to the commencement of work on this contract.
The Lead Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst:
- monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to safeguard internal information systems, network, databases, and Web-based security.
- conducts vulnerability assessments and monitor systems, network, databases and Web for potential system breaches.
- responds to alerts from information security tools and reports, investigates and resolves security incidents.
- is responsible to educate and communicate security requirements and procedures to all users and new employees.
- recommends and implements changes to enhance systems security and prevent unauthorized access.
- researches security trends, new methods, and techniques used in unauthorized access of data to preemptively eliminate the possibility of system breach.
- ensures compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
- oversees internal or external systems security (i.e. cloud services).
- Manage the customer relationship to ensure all customer needs are being met, meets with the customer to report the status of assigned SOC tasks, delegates and prioritizes customer assigned work, and provides updates on all aspects of the SOC to the Manager, Security.
- Manage employee performance and behavior and works with the Manager, Security in addressing employee and hiring opportunities.
- Responsible for Malware analytics & vulnerability assessments that assist in identifying and mitigating MiTM, Ransomware, and Heartbleed attacks, as well as perform vulnerability scans and penetration testing.
- Assist with ACL recommendations and router/switch/firewall configurations.
- Develop training materials, as well as conduct training events (i.e. brown bag lectures). Works with Ventech vendors to provide Tier III support.
- Help solve Tier I & Tier II incidents and events.
- Responsible for Incident Response work that includes identifying attack vectors, providing malware removal strategies, backup and restoration strategy, identifying IOCs, and compromised host isolation techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Security related certification from the ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 list is required upon hiring, intermediate to advanced level certification or multiple certifications preferred. Certifications may be considered as a replacement for a degree depending on level and quantity of relevant certifications.
- 6-8 years of related work experience.
- Strong documentation skills, attention to detail, and critical/innovative thinking.
- Strong internal and external verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate IT knowledge in more than one of the following areas:Cloud environments, Networking, Operating Systems (Solaris, RHEL, and/or Windows), Databases, Application development and/or Project management
Advanced knowledge required in the following areas:
- Incident Response Tasks: Identify unapproved processes, identify attack type/vector, determine threat breadth, identify host IOCs, identify false vs. real threats, analyze Tool alerts, identify Host involvement, compare scan results, identify incident/event, determine priority level, analyze logs, initiate appropriate Host Scan, validate IP address, identify customer POC, remedy incident creation, enact recall list,open Triage line, document incident, communicate incident, gather incident details.
- Remedy Incidents Assignments: Timely follow-up, create Remedy Incident, provide incident details, assign to appropriate groups.
- Security Training: Incident responses, knowledge of latest Security trends and Security methodology.
- Leadership Traits: Self-starter, attention to detail, documentation skills, explanation frequency, time management.
- Network Monitoring: Traffic Analysis, Systems Resource Management
- Forensic Support: ACL List, RAM Dumping, Host Imaging
- Malware Analytics: MiTM, Heartbleed, Bash Attempts, SQL Injections, Dos/DDos
- Vulnerability Assessment: Penetration testing, proper Nessus Scan
- Security Tool Management: Vendor support, troubleshoot outage/degradation, identify Heath Status
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job