Web Content Manager, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking Web Content Manager for a contract opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- Provide support for developing and providing Agency Web-site content that will motivate and satisfy government and civilian users’ needs so that they will regularly access the site and utilize it as a major source for information, decision making and benefits delivery.
- A working knowledge of several of the following are required: Journalism, graphic design or a related field, Web-site management, web servers, intranet site structures, and Web-related software (e.g., MS FrontPage, Dream Weaver, Access, HyperText Markup Language (HTML), and Web 2.0 software such as wikis, portals, and Microsoft Sharepoint).
- Utilize knowledge of current Internet technology and applications for web-based operations, including knowledge of web technologies, services and software.
- Utilize Microsoft SharePoint Content Management System for NIH/ORS Internet and Intranet websites and electronic newsletters including web content posting, layout, design and development, content management, and interpreting web analytics.
- Utilize website authoring and development skills such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, HTML, etc.
- Write and edit clearly, concisely, and effectively in different styles dictated by various media and audiences, including technical and scientific journalism, and communications for the public.
- Utilize marketing, promotional and consumer education techniques, market analysis, media development, and dissemination strategies.
- Use knowledge and skills for Section 508 accessibility compliance and other standards of government and agency website development; advise others on techniques to adhere to this regulation.
- Utilize knowledge of analytical procedures and techniques, including web analytics, to analyze data, develop various types of reports, and recommend alternative courses of action that affect program effectiveness; write and present a report on research results to NIH/ORS leadership.
- Master's degree in a related discipline; or two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Specific working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Content Management System, including skills for ORS Internet and Intranet websites, electronic newsletters, web content posting, layout, design, development, content management, interpreting web analytics.
- Website authoring and development skills such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, HTML, etc.
- Knowledge of analytical procedures and techniques, including web analytics, in order to analyze data, develop various types of reports, and recommend alternative courses of action that affect program effectiveness
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.