Network Architect, Route/Switch Lead, Washington, DC
Our client is seeking a Network Architect, Route/Switch Lead for a contract to hire opportunity in Washington, DC.
This Network Architect - CCIE - Route/Switch Team Lead - position provides an excellent opportunity to apply and extend your skills in a complex and varied environment and experience new technologies. Engineer will be required to design, operate, maintain, support and interact with complex LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN and wireless environments in a production environment. Engineer must have the understanding and ability to implement Cisco and industry best practice solutions into the production environment when needed. Engineer will also be supporting additional networking equipment such as F5 load-balancers, Riverbed WAN Optimization, wireless. Engineer must be able to interact with security systems and personnel. There will also be other duties as required.
- Lead a team of eight experienced network engineers for both engineering and production responsibilities.
- Expert level configuration of Cisco routers and switches including but not limited to the following models: 4500, 6500, 3750, 3850, ASR 1000, Cisco Nexus platforms 2k, 5k, 7k, 9k.
- Configuration of F5 Load Balancers (LTM and GTM).
- Configuration of Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimization devices.
- Experience Cisco ASA for Client and Site-to-site VPN.
- Solid experience with Cisco enterprise wireless (WLCs, APs).
- Solid experience with OSPF and BGP in enterprise environments.
- Experience with Solarwinds, Kiwi Cat Tools, ISE, Prime.
- Experience with ACI, NSX or other SDN solutions.
- Ability to support Network based infrastructure solutions based on industry best practice solutions, write procedural document and test solutions.
- Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
- Experience with and ability to support deployed Cisco based solutions.
- Experience performing system administration duties on Cisco and monitoring systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve LAN, WAN, MAN, WLAN, wireless, SAN problems using many types of tools and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is important.
- Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format.
- Experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Due to Public Trust suitability, requires US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- CCNA certification
- CCNP certification
- CCIE certification (Route/Switch)
- 5 or more years experience supporting an enterprise class production network
- BS in computer science or related field
- Skill in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Previous experience supporting a Federal Government Agency.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas)
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a National IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.