The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
DevOps Engineer/WebLogic Administrator, Owings Mills, MD
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer/WebLogic Administrator for Contract to Hire opportunity in Owings Mills, MD.
This is a systems engineering job to analyze, design, implement and manage product DevOps pipelines in AWS. The DevOps Engineer will analyze DevOps solutions, tooling and process needs to support product development teams. They will manage a library of DevOps component and pipeline templates that are re-usable by microservice teams and ensure security hardening has been baselined across containers and required technical stacks. The DevOps Engineer will work as part of a team of analysts, front-end developers and API engineers to implement automated DevOps pipelines, including infrastructure provisioning.
- Ensure enterprise applications are running effectively always, which includes continuous monitoring and ensuring every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
- Ability to understand business and technical requirements and develop a solution to meet those requirements. The candidate must be able to create detailed design documents and associated solutions built around ORACLE WebLogic and other potential solutions. Must also express a solid understanding of Networking, Security, and Enterprise Management.
- Engage and collaborate regularly with infrastructure, systems, security, and quality assurance teams to provide status updates and work on both tactical and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple environments (DEV, TEST, UAT, PD) effectively and account for differences in each environment.
- Ensures that infrastructure systems are designed, implemented, and supported to meet customer’s internal and external standards and service level requirements
- Perform testing, tuning, and configuration of Middleware products including WebLogic, Oracle BPM, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager, OWSM, Oracle Portal etc.
- Develop and maintain configuration documentation, diagrams, SOPS, training materials and other supporting documentation.
- JVM and memory management, tuning, diagnostics and configuration
- Apply experience with monitoring tools and techniques for Fusion Middleware components including RESTful Management Services, SOA and OSB services. Support, troubleshoot, and resolve Middleware and related infrastructure issues
- Ensure adherence to configuration and operating best practices and standards.
- Ability to deploy and troubleshoot applications on WebLogic/Java platforms
- Ability to implement DevOps pipelines using Jenkins or another suitable DevOps tool(s)
- Ability to implement Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery and Deployments(CD)
- Ability to identify and apply security hardening across DevOps product components (docker containers, db, etc).
- Ability to provision AWS cloud environments for development, UAT/staging and production through scripts (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Ability to establish telemetry for development, UAT/staging and production environments
- Ability to establish scalable, fault-tolerant and high-available operating environments on the AWS cloud
- Weblogic Administration: 8 years
- OBIEE/Fusion Middleware administration: 8 years
- Unix Scripting and basic Administration: 5 years
- Java/JEE Application Administration: 8 years
Other desired skills:
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and inter-team skills- ability to listen and consider input from team members
- Ability to solve problems while considering timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing product needs
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
- Ability to work well with others in open Agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably a BS such as CS, EE, Math
- Experience developing and implementing CI and CD pipelines
- Experience working with product development teams that deliver Software as a Service or API as a Service through the AWS cloud
- Experience with a microservices framework is preferred, but not mandatory (we can teach you)
- Due to public trust clearance requirements, U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job