Sr. Proposal Writer, Owings Mills, MD
Our client is seeking a Sr. Proposal Writer for a Contract to hire opportunity in Elkridge, MD.
- Our client is looking for an experienced proposal writer to join their business development team.
- The proposal writer creatively presents complex approaches in written and oral proposals for Federal Government agencies.
- The successful candidate plays a vital role in presenting technical, management, past performance, and resume/staffing solutions for support services proposals.
- Supports the capture and proposal process by researching and gathering technical information for use in proposal development activities.
- Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from client's professionals and teammates/partners to support writing activities.
- Researches and collaborates with client's technical and business professionals on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions and substantiate any claims.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrites and reviews proposal sections and related proposal documents.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Interviews program managers and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and subsequently incorporate that information into writing winning technical approach sections of proposals.
- Writes corporate experience and past performance sections, interfacing with program managers on contract specifics.
- Writes sections within the technical approach on topics such as software development, system engineering, end user support, help desk operations, application development, etc.
- Writes sections within management volumes on topics such including staffing, recruiting, transition, reporting, quality management, risk, and key personnel.
- Supports development of technical and management white papers and responses to requests for information (RFI) and sources sought notices (SSNs).
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other personnel or establishment personnel.
- Establish the electronic file structure, archive, and back-up capability and procedures for all proposal materials on the team’s SharePoint repository
- Minimum 3-years work experience as a writer/editor in the federal proposal environment.
- 4-year degree in a related field (e.g. English, Journalism, Business Writing, etc) or equivalent work experience in a Federal Government proposal environment.
- Excellent English language, grammar, and spelling skills for writing, editing, and proofreading
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team on various tasks.
- Skilled at organizing and translating information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing.
- Proven ability to effectively research subject matter
- Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written language communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft product suite, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and advanced Xcel skills.
- Ability to work flexible working hours needed for proposal preparation, including extended hours, evening/night hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, Agile, mobile, and web development.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- High Energy Levels. Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.