iMIS Administrator, Arlington, Virginia
Our client is seeking an iMIS Administrator for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Arlington, VA.
As the iMIS Administrator, you will report to the Director of IT and will support and maintain the client's database. You will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and the security of the database, including database planning and development, ongoing clean-up, reporting, troubleshooting on behalf of users, documentation, and integration with the company's website. Additionally the iMIS Administrator is responsible for designing queries and reports requested by staff. You will have the support you need to be successful.
In this role, over the next year, you will work to improve the user experience with iMIS (v.20+ RiSE), maximize the value of the database for staff and members, help manage a database clean-up plan, improve staff training and understanding of the database, and improve the integration of the database with other external systems described below. (This is not an IT help desk position.)
- Oversee and maintain client database (iMIS).
- Serve as the staff liaison for all iMIS related support issues; troubleshoot user issues related to iMIS operations and attempt to address all iMIS technical issues.
- Maintain and seek improvements with the multiple integrations with iMIS including platforms that run the client’s online store (ATS), online balloting (Kavi), learning management system (Digital Ignite), online communities (Higher Logic), e-mail distribution (Informz), e-subscriptions products (Dynamic Benchmarking and Edapative), webinars (GoToMeetings) and other programs.
- Work with staff to improve the quality of data contained in the database, ensure proper quality control of data entry and staff is trained on the general functionality of the database and potential uses of the data. Coordinate new employee user-access and orientation to the association’s database.
- Research requirements, plan, budget, and schedule iMIS database upgrades; develop communications to inform staff of database upgrades and resulting database changes; educate and seek general support of Director of IT prior to pursuing database upgrades.
- Monitor servers that support the iMIS database (e.g., SQL server and company web server), including review of transaction files, completion of scheduled database back-ups, troubleshooting failed tasks, weekly refresh of the iMIS testing database, and starting/stopping services as needed.
- Work closely with the company’s management team to analyze information and database strategies and tactics to meet the evolving needs of membership, customers, and internal staff including: 1) review and design of ongoing data collection efforts and the development of the vehicle(s) for data collection; 2) removal of obsolete data from the system; 3) evaluation of data usefulness, need for additional data, or refinement of current data elements.
- Work with the Director of IT and the company's staff to create and enhance dashboards, identify and analyze data trends associated with membership, meetings, and product sales.
- Coordinate and manage a major clean-up of the database, working with other staff and external consultant(s).
- Empower and train staff to maximize iMIS as a technology tool they can use on their own including but limited to running their own royalty reports and marketing lists; setting up all new meetings, product order codes, source codes, etc.
- Review the operations associated with transactions in the online store to ensure that the customer experience is efficient and effective; and seek ways to improve it.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of iMIS (v.20+ RiSE preferred, but any version is fine).
- Solid experience working with large, complex databases and ensuring data integrity.
- Prior responsibility for managing an iMIS database in a membership setting with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Cold Fusion, Visual Basic, and HTML.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, IQA, Crystal reports and MS Access databases.
- Experience with third party applications including accounting packages, content management systems, and learning management systems.
- Strong oral communications essential.
- Proven ability to translate and synthesize technical issues and speak into easy to understanding and actionable wording.
- Problem solver. You like to solve a variety of problems. You are innovative, technically creative, and provide sensible solutions for database needs. No task is too big or too small.
- Service oriented. You understand that your role is primarily to help your end users meet their business goals. You listen carefully to their needs and develop appropriate solutions to help them become more effective, more productive, and more capable by providing tools and training. At the same time, you are about the details and know they matter.
- Strategic thinker. You have excellent critical thinking skills, understand the key drivers of business owners and their concerns, and understand the constraints other people face. You are able to effectively synthesize varying needs across the organization, and are able to explain how decisions balance competing interests. You allocate resources wisely and analyze the long term impact of database decisions.
- Strong, articulate communicator. You translate highly technical processes into layman’s terms and make technology work for the end user.
- Priority management. You switch from long-range needs to crisis-of-the-moment with agility and ease. You really "get" what is a priority and can independently prioritize.
- Supervisory responsibility. Occasional supervision of temporary and external vendor employees as associated with database management.
- Supervision received. Works independently on a day-to-day basis. Consults with the Director of IT on non-routine issues and provides regular reports on the status of database operations.
- Availability of Qualified Personnel. A qualified replacement could be found in three to four months.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job