The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Hadoop Developer, Woodlawn, MD
Our client is seeking a Hadoop Developer V for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Woodlawn, MD.
- Designs, develops, programs, installs, implements, conducts research, and/or maintains internal data processing computer systems.
- Analyzes internal or external customers' needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems; develops customized solutions to customer/user problems.
- Establishes system parameters and formats; ensures hardware/software compatibility; and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- May make programming changes as required to adapt or enhance existing or new programs and/or utilities.
- Analyzes new hardware to determine its need or application in the existing or proposed system; advises on new techniques and estimated costs associated with new or revised programs and utilities, taking into consideration personnel, time, and hardware requirements, and makes trade-off analyses; develops general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Primarily responsible for developing batch and real time ETL to create meaningful insights and analytics using Hadoop eco-system, Oracle, SQL server, MySQL, Business Objects, SAS, MicroStrategy, and ETL tools Informatica, IDQ, etc.
- Leads significant multi-disciplinary projects using deep theoretical knowledge and experience of IT and IT trends including business process reengineering, physical and data security, software, tool comparisons, and BI best practices.
- Analyzes complex issues and quickly identifies possible solutions based on a sound analysis of the information available.
- Presents rational, realistic and sound strategic recommendations based on consideration of all the facts and alternatives available.
- Assesses the existing technical framework to accommodate new situations.
- Leads, influences, and persuades others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of control or command.
- Engages customers and team members at all organizational levels.
- Understands and interprets the “bigger picture”, through thinking innovatively and conceptually.
- Analyzes complex, multi-faceted problems and produces a range of options, culminating in a recommended solution.
- May act as a manager or lead, responsible for planning and monitoring schedule milestone and deliverables.
- Must possess effective organizational, interpersonal, oral and written skills, strong analytical and problem solving capabilities and close attention to detail.
- Must be a team player able to multi-task in a dynamic environment and have an extensive working knowledge of the SDLC and the associated processes and documentation.
- Must possess 10 years of experience in a variety of IT and business areas and 7 years experience in a data warehouse environment.
- Prefer Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and ability to understand and construct SQL experience.
- General Experience: 14 years or more years related experience.
- Expert knowledge of ETL processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Big Data and ETL technologies such as Druid, Flink, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB.
- Hands-on extensive programming experience with Java/Scala/C++/Python as well as shell scripts and SQL.
- Experience working with cloud services and Microservices.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing technologies, frameworks, language etc.
- DevOps mindset with a passion for delivering working code frequently in production.
- Good knowledge of issue tracking (Jira), source code management (Git, MKS), Linux/Mac OS administration, build tools, continuous integration systems, package management, and testing frameworks.
- Optional experience with database design.
- Specializes in functional or technical areas such as, but not limited to, business process reengineering, physical and data security, Earned Value Management (EVM), Quality Assurance, Project Management, training and Business Intelligence.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent years of experience
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job