The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
ServiceNow - ITOM Technical Consultant, Remote
Our client, located in Washington, DC is seeking a ServiceNow-ITOM Technical Consultant for a Contract to Hire opportunity. This is a remote position.
- The Technical Consultant-ServiceNow-ITOM is responsible for configuring ServiceNow modules based on customer requirements and driving them into a production environment.
- The Technical Consultant-ServiceNow-ITOM is responsible to lead all the technical aspects of project and solution deliver to include application/workflow/UI configurations, reporting and required integration components.
- The Technical Consultant-ServiceNow-ITOM is a key member of the overall implementation project team and is responsible for all client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related.
- The Technical Consultant-ServiceNow-ITOM is responsible for mentoring field resources in implementation methodology, configuration, and best practices for the ITOM application suite.
- Open to travel 15% of time.
- 40%: Lead all technical aspects of project delivery and solution delivery including application/workflow/UI configuration and development of required client specific reporting.
- 30%: Develop required integration components (SSO, LDAP, etc.)
- 10%: Interface with ServiceNow development and operations teams, to successfully set up the SaaS platform.
- 10%: Prepare all client facing and internal deliverables that are technology related.
- 10%: As a key member of the overall implementation project team, mentor field resources in implementation methodology, configuration, and best practices for the ITOM application suite.
- HS Graduate, Associate’s Degree.
- Related Work Experience: 4-6 years.
- Previous experience in implementing ServiceNow ITOM modules (Discovery, Orchestration, CMDB, Service Mapping) as a Developer or a Technical Consultant.
- Strong technical understanding and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Enterprise architecture domains
- AMZN API, VMware automation, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, integration & automation expertise with orchestration.
- Advanced and current understanding (and practice) in Windows Domain and Unix System Administration.
- Discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc).
- Service modeling techniques (TPL, TQL, etc.).
- Event management platforms (Netcool, HPOM, BPPM, etc.).
- Service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc.).
- Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc.
- Understanding of industry standard protocols such as HTTP, TCP, SNMP, SOAP, and REST.
- IT Operations experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments.
- Middleware applications (Oracle, WebSphere, etc.).
- Previous experience with ITIL / CMDB implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
- Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
- Active listener, respecting others' point of view and takes ownership of contributing the required input while demonstrating strong communication skills (written, interpersonal and presentational).
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership in solving business processes and/or technical problems during project delivery.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity.
- Proven experience in technical consulting roles.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job