The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Sr. Technical Project Manager - ServiceNow, Remote
Our client, located in Washington, DC, is seeking a Sr. Technical Project Manager - ServiceNow for a Contract to Hire opportunity. This is a remote position.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical oversees the full project management life cycle for the implementation of strategic IT and business initiatives.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical is responsible for the management of key customer project(s) with the goal of delivering on time, within budget and within scope.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical manages, coordinates, and establishes priorities for complete life-cycle of projects including the planning, design, programming, testing, and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various clients.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical designs project plans, which identify needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget, and personnel.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical determines project needs and acquires resources required for the success of the project.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical coordinates the development of new systems and/or applications projects, the modification of existing systems or applications, or changes in current methods or techniques.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical coordinate’s project performance with the other work of the affected department or departments.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical is highly skilled and proficient in discipline.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical conducts complex work important to the organization.
- The Project Manager, Sr. - Technical works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- 90%: Following best practices (PMBOK), manages one or more medium to large project initiatives with responsibility for meeting scope, timeline, and quality commitments.
- Prepares project charter.
- Estimates staffing plan and schedule using defendable BOE.
- Manages scope, schedule and cost.
- Manages all matrixed personnel assigned to project to deliver scope and deliverables.
- Manages risk, identifies risks and mitigation plans.
- Acts as primary interface to customer.
- Briefings, Presentations, Meetings & Schedules-Present project information, status, and updates via consistent and easily consumable formats.
- 10%: Contributes to established body of policies and controls to ensure that project management standards are established and followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Course of Study/Major: Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Type of Credentials/Licenses: PMP preferred.
- Related Work Experience: 8-10 years.
- Strong IT background required to provide technical oversight, anticipate technology issues, and guide technologists in conforming to project management principles.
- Requires 4-5 years of experience running deployment of ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical solution delivery projects with fixed deadlines containing interrelated tasks being performed by multiple teams.
- Experience as a technical Project Manager for medium or large projects using Integrated project teams, including overseeing the full project management life cycle of strategic IT and business initiatives.
- Solid understanding of critical paths and project dependencies; facilitate issue resolution across project teams, product management, and engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with complete project management lifecycle.
- Experience using project management best practices (PMBOK).
- Proven ability to closely track projects with weekly and monthly status meetings / reports.
- Experience managing one or more medium to large project initiatives with responsibility for meeting scope, timeline, and quality commitments.
- Experience estimating staffing levels and schedule using defendable BOE estimation models.
- Experience manages Integrated Project Temas/ matrixed personnel.
- Experience identifying and managing risk.
- Excellent client-facing and internal verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing or managing Cloud, DEVOPS, infrastructure or deployment automation, CICD, Microsoft O365, VDI, ServiceNow, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and/or other strategic technologies.
- Experience successfully managing communications between infrastructure teams and sofware development and/or technology consumers.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project.
- Prior federal contract experience a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job