The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Windows Systems Administrator, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- The Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting the administration of Windows server environment running on VMware Virtual Platform.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining the operations, on-going and new IT Initiatives and upgrades, evaluation for new software, and support for all production, staging, development, and disaster recovery environments.
- Responsibilities include, but is not limited to, managing the appropriate configuration baseline of operating systems, software applications, and security compliance, working with monitoring tools, active directory, assess and interpret requirements of systems and applications in relation to hardware, software and operational needs, implement efficiencies through automations (leverage PowerShell, Power CLI, and batch jobs to automate manual and repetitive processes), and investigate new technology and provide recommendations on system improvements and life cycle planning.
- At least 7 years’ experience supporting MS Windows network infrastructure, including Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- At least 7 years’ experience with building, configuring and managing VMWare ESXi/vSphere environment for enterprise environments.
- Experience with automated Deployments of OS images with VMware templates.
- At least 3 years’ experience with advanced VMware concepts such as vSphere Distributed Switch (vDS), Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vSphere Storage I/O Control (SIOC), VMware Network Virtualization and Security Platform (NSX), Update Manager.
- At least 3 years’ experience providing SCCM/SCOM Administration support in a mixed and growing environment supporting MS Windows server 2008 R2/2012 R2, Microsoft SQL 2008/2008/ 2012, MS Windows 2007 and 2010, VMWare 5.x and 6.x. and RHEL 5x-6x.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with PowerShell, Power CLI & Windows batch scripting.
- At least 3 years’ experience with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM).
- At least 3 years’ experience with HP Blade Server hardware to include On-board Administrator (OA) and network switch configuration, firmware and driver upgrades, parts replacement, racking, stacking and cabling in a datacenter environment.
- Experience managing and leading System Administrator team.
- Experience managing and leading IT Infrastructure related projects.
- Understanding of security policies, scans, and vulnerability remediation.
- Available for On-Call rotation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job