The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Operational Lead, Bethesda, MD
Our client is seeking an Operational Lead for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Bethesda, MD.
- The Operational Lead role will supervise staff who are responsible for supporting the administration of server environment including VMWare, SQL, and Windows servers. This position will lead the Network Service Group to provide server administration, server operations, Active Directory management and design, server patch management, and project management in an SLA driven environment.
- The successful candidate will be skilled in server operations using best practices such as ITIL and other industry best practice frameworks. S/he must be experienced in project management disciplines, and has proven experience establishing, maintaining, monitoring, and driving high performing operational support to end users and a complex technical environment.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate present or proposed procedures and data to design operational solutions to address business requirements. S/he must be able to communicate a variety of technical solutions and analysis results to obtain client’s confidence. In addition, the candidate will be required to provide supervisory oversight and communicate to staff on a variety of items, including employment, termination, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, salary reviews, and scheduling conflicts.
- 7+ years of experience supporting MS Windows network infrastructure, including Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- 7+ years of experience with building, configuring and managing VMWare ESXi/vSphere environment for enterprise environments.
- 5+ years of experience with IBM BigFix and Tivoli Endpoint Management tools.
- Experience leading / participating with automated deployments of OS images with VMware templates and/or other deployment toolsets.
- 5+ years of experience with advanced VMware concepts such as vSphere Distributed Switch (vDS), Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vSphere Storage I/O Control (SIOC), VMware Network Virtualization and Security Platform (NSX), Update Manager.
- 5+ years of experience with database management such as SQL.
- Experience providing SCCM/SCOM Administration support in a mixed and growing environment supporting MS Windows server 2008 R2/2012 R2, Microsoft SQL 2008/2008/ 2012, MS Windows 2007 and 2010, VMWare 5.x and 6.x. and RHEL 5x-6x.
- Experience and hands-on working knowledge with PowerShell, Power CLI & Windows batch scripting.
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) or others.
- Experience with HP Blade Server hardware to include On-board Administrator (OA) and network switch configuration, firmware and driver upgrades, parts replacement, racking, stacking and cabling in a datacenter environment.
- Experience with datacenter design and deployment, management and operations.
- Experience with infrastructure networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, SMTP; and vendor technologies including but not limited to Cisco equipment.
- Understanding of security policies, scans, and vulnerability remediation.
- Available for On-Call rotation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Program / Project Management disciplines; PMP-certification preferred
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job