The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Ruby Developer, Arlington, VA
Our client is seeking a Senior Ruby Developer for a Direct Hire opportunity in Arlington, VA.
- Use your passion to build cutting edge solutions to solve problems with the right technologies.
- Employ the values and principles of Agile development on small teams.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, Agile, programming, etc.
- Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo. Code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simple, and higher in quality.
- 3 - 10 years of experience in developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
- Direct experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks for rapidly developing web applications.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation in Rails.
- Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Deep commitment to test driven development using tools like Cucumber, RSpec, Capybara, Watir, or MiniTest.
- Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering is preferred.
- Cloud – we work on GitHub, Heroku, AWS, Azure.
- NoSQL – MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools – Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
- If you have a public GitHub profile, a blog or presentation materials please let us know!
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job