Web Developer, Remote
Our client is seeking a Web Developer to work remotely for a contract opportunity.
MUST HAVE either active Veterans Affairs badged or one that can be reactivated (active within the last 5 months)
Web Developer who can perform data discovery and analysis on existing SharePoint sites in preparation for an O365 migration to be done at a later date. Having the skills laid out in this job description is critical to the successful analysis needed, while not actually performing the migrations. It is possible this short term assignment could extend and the actual O365 SharePoint migration effort could be tasked out client.
Our client requires Web Developers who can create and design client websites according to specification including markup writing and coding. The Developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client's specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- To design and develop websites ensuring strong optimization and functionality
- To assist in the planning of overall company policy regarding search engine optimization and web development
- To monitor site technical performance and web server
- Work on projects including web layout enhancements, desktop applications, website enhancements, web-based applications, and database-backed websites.
- Expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications and programming, including
- Interact with servers using SSH, FTP and Telnet protocols.
- Work in a variety of development frameworks including Ruby on Rails, .NET, PEAR and Smarty.
- Work with various database systems including PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQL Server and frameworks including ADO and ODBC.
- Analyze, review and modify web systems by designing, maintaining, documenting, testing, developing and monitoring
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply
Skills and specifications
- Good understanding of major operating systems
- Desire to stay updated on current and new technologies
- Ability to multitask and strong time management and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- At least a 2 year degree/ diploma in a computer-related field (computer science/programming).
- Knowledge of common programming languages including XML and PHP
- Good database knowledge especially SQL Server or MySQL
- MUST HAVE either active Veterans Affairs badged or one that can be reactivated (active within the last 5 months)
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a national IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job