The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior Business Analyst, Columbia, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior Business Analyst for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Columbia, MD.
- As a Senior Business Analyst, you are expected to be advanced professionals in the systems & process design and implementation space and have experience on low, medium and high rigor IT projects.
- The Senior Analyst will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows.
- You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality.
- This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, database administrations, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
- This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions while effectively communicating throughout the entire process.
- Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and business needs to support
- Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
- Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive business requirements and use cases, providing value-added analysis, and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development.
- Update and maintain Requirements Documentation, Requirements Traceability Matrix, and other project documentation.
- Work with Project Management and Technical teams to develop detailed labor estimates to develop and deploy functionality
- Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
- Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
- Work with the clients to demonstrate the new functionality and/or changes to the system to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
- Develop training materials and lead training sessions in one-on-one or classroom environment.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication. Mentor Junior BA resources.
- 8 or more years of experience in software development lifecycle, particularly in customer-facing roles gathering business requirements and communicating those to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software in the Health industry.
- Prior experience supporting CMS and/or Medicare/Medicaid projects.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Agile Methodlogy experience required.
- Previous experience with MS SharePoint and Team Foundation Server or similar tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. (Candidate will provide former deliverables to show authorship and original ideas).
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements that can be used by downstream development and testing teams with minimal clarification.
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
- Strong consultative and advisory skills.
- Must be a self-directed, self-sufficient analyst with demonstrated initiative, sense of urgency, and ability to come up to speed as a subject matter expert in a very short timeframe, gaining customer confidence.
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to lead client engagements and make a positive impact immediately upon joining the team.
- Experience authoring proposals, work orders, and system change requests which document customer requests for new functionality.
- Ability to define customer requests in terms of bounded scope, written schedule and work plan, as well as detailed approach including steps to complete the work.
- Demonstrated customer management abilities.
- Experience with health care applications including but not limited to: Medicare/Medicaid eligibility, Service Planning, Claims Processing and Billing, Adjudication and Remittance, 1915c-Home and Community Based Waivers, 1915k-Community First Choice state plan option, 1115 demonstration, 835 and 837, Service Provider functions, InterRAI Assessments.
- Demonstrated Team Leadership and Development skills.
- Experience creating low or even high fidelity wireframes of system application to visually demonstrate business and functional requirements.
- Experience facilitating and conducting usability testing, user acceptance testing, and accessibility testing.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job