The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Senior QC Analyst, Columbia, MD
Our client is seeking a Senior QC Analyst for a Contract to Hire opportunity in Columbia, MD.
- This individual works in a team environment and will be responsible for planning and conducting a wide range of quality control tasks, including analyzing requirements, test planning and strategy, developing and executing tests, evaluating results and reporting, and promoting organizational and product integrity.
- Review documentation to understand testing requirements, test environments and objectives.
- Use standardized testing methods, tools and procedures to ensure testing is efficient, effective and comprehensive.
- Adhere to a unified team process.
- Translate requirements into detailed test plans and test cases.
- Develop test automation approach applying most modern test automation techniques.
- Design and create test scripts to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability in preparation for release.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Execute manual/automated test cases/scripts.
- Perform tests in terms of functionality, reliability, stress, and compatibility.
- Create and maintain an automated build verification (smoke) test Document, troubleshoot, track and resolve requests and issues on a timely basis.
- Ensure web applications are cross-browser/cross-platform compatible and respond accordingly to compatible devices and tablets.
- Work with users to support User Acceptance Testing, Training, and more.
- Advise Test Manager/Project Manager regarding overall quality of project and state of work.
- Raise outstanding issues through established project management channels, as per project plan.
- 5-7 years of experience working as a QA Tester.
- 3 to 5 years of experience developing automated test systems for both .Net web and windows applications.
- Self-motivating with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with and mentor other team members.
- Ability to write automated test scripts from scratch in line with approved software requirements.
- Ability to create scripts and test application beyond record and playback. Specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops etc. Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and driven..
- Ability to read and understand workflow diagrams.
- Ability to think abstract "outside the box ".
- Passionate about product success.
- Ability to handle overlapping assignments.
- Ability to manage and oversee team member efforts.
- Ability to understand and promote process improvements as needed supported by team.
- Define QC scope and objectives.
- Experience working with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (preferred).
- Experience and understanding of agile development life cycle.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology related field (preferred).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job