The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
Software Engineer – Systems Development, Charlottesville, VA
Our client is seeking a Software Engineer – Systems Development for a Direct Hire opportunity in Charlottesville, VA.
- Software Engineer has a pivotal role in the definition, design, and implementation of our award winning educational products.
- Our products include a series of highly engaging games that create an exceptional learning experience.
- In this position, you will collaborate with our team of system and operations engineers to develop our next generation of back-end services.
- For this position, you should have demonstrable experience developing scalable data-centric applications.
- Designs, and implements Java/Spring applications.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of a system or feature. Reviews and develops requirements, generates designs, provides rough order of magnitude estimates, implements, and performs unit testing.
- Collaborates with our team of educational application designers, graphic artists, back end systems engineers, QA and operational teams to ensure the timely delivery of high value educational software products.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills to negotiate different perspectives and goals.
- Holds a high standard of quality and works with the broader team to ensure that the products meet those standards.
- Works independently on multiple projects at one time, balancing needs and deadlines.
- Troubleshoot problems of a complex nature. Supports systems that has not implemented.
- Keeps informed of technical advances. Proposes changes based on newer technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Discipline.
- Five years’ software engineering experience.
- Demonstrated track record of designing, developing and delivering modern web based applications based on Java, Spring, and relational database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Advanced degree.
- Greater than 5 years engineering experience.
- Experience with distributed caching, MS SQL Server.
- Experience building RESTful services.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job