The ACI Group is committed to help you identify and match your skills and experience to the best job possible.
Take your first steps to an exciting new career.
SAS Developer, Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a SAS Developer for a Contract to Hire opportunity Baltimore, MD.
- Provides technical and development support to the government client to build and maintain a stable and scalable infrastructure, in support of the Analytics Research center (ARC) platform
- Design and prepare technical specifications. Assist in project artifact documentation in business requirement documents, functional specs, flow charts and system architectures source to target mappings etc.
- Enable governments plan, design, development, validation, integration, and implementation Fraud analysis or any related applications
- Oversees business/user requirements efforts as part of a full systems development lifecycle and provide critical technical recommendations/ solutions for complex problems.
- Directs the business process engineering and/or business/user requirements efforts for major projects
- Leads and/or directs the efforts of specialists on project(s) across components and/or technical areas
- Act as self-starter with the ability to take on complex projects and analyses independently. Ensure secure coding practices are adhered to in all phases of the secure development lifecycle.
- Master’s degree and 12 years of experience, Bachelor's degree in computer science and 14 years of related work experience, or 18 years of related work experience will satisfy degree and experience requirement.
- 3 years of experience working with the SAS products Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, Office Analytics, EDI etc.
- 3 years of experience working with the Mainframe and Mainframe SAS etc.
- 2 years of experience with SAS visual analytics tool.
- 2 years of experience data ingestion technologies with reference to relational databases (i.e. DB2, Oracle, SQL).
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Able to obtain position of Public Trust designation.
- 1 year of experience using Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, HBase, Hive and Pig.
- 1 year of experience with the inherited DataFlux Data Management Studio.
- Experience with object oriented programming in core java, JEE technologies and related libraries - JDBC/Hibernate, JMS and Spring.
- Experience with Apache Hadoop Administration (Preferred Cloudera Framework).
- Experience with Linux Administration (Centos and Red Hat).
- Experience with statistical modelling tools.
- Experience with Data Presentation/Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or QlikView).
- Knowledge of Revolution Analytics (R) or similar analytics tools.
- Proven ability to work with senior technical managers and staff to provide expert-level support for the installation, maintenance, upgrading, and administration of full-featured database management systems.
- Knowledge of leading-edge technologies, new methodologies, and best practices applicable to work performed.
- Experience with development methodologies using different software languages.
- Knowledge of SSA’s Enterprise Architecture.
- Experience with Section 508 Compliance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.
Submit your resume for this job